Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shhhh!

As part of my attempt (and I really should stop calling it that – I’m dooming it for failure) of crafting a well-lived day, every day, I am carving out time daily to read books and articles and things that don’t pertain to work.  Reading provides great mental clarity for me.  Normally, my brain buzzes around a mile a minute.  My thoughts begin to feel like bursting popcorn kernels hopping all over the place.  Consequently, my computer screen always has a million windows open.  I can't tell you how many times people have commented on this.  Yesterday, I read this New York Times article and found much of it so true. 

The best vacation I’ve had in while was to Kauai last year.  I stayed in a hotel that didn’t have internet and I vowed to only check my phone once a day.  I had a great time except for the giant Cane spider that tried to sleep with me.  YUCK.  Perhaps I should employ some of those unplugging strategies in daily life. 




Question:  Do you spend a lot of time plugged in?  How to you break away or do you?


(Please note: that lovely Cane spider picture is from the site Instant Hawaii.  I did not need a picture to remember that beast).

No comments:

Post a Comment